Tuesday 15 January 2013

Subtle Basic Changes - by Katy


I don't know if it's the winter, hormones or what but I've been feeling very blase and this is helping me realize at the moment my zest for weight loss and toning up are at an all time low. I HAVE made changes (yes yes, it's something!) - my foods are 80% healthy, meaning all from scratch, home-made and/or fresh food. Actually probably 90% but I am allowing for the occasional lapse when at work. My downfall!

I have also added some basic resistance and stretching to my days - granted this will not make me a starlet overnight, but what it has been doing is helping me feel 'better' in general.  More flexible and less stiff as I tend to be when it's cold and I feel like hibernating and not move most days!  My cardio is still up in the air.  I have started to Hula daily, adding on minutes each time.  It's funny how one day I can go almost the entire time-frame without dropping it and other days, you'd think I just picked the darn thing up!

I also know that water intake is key for me.  It helps keep things moving as well as keeps my joints lubricated. It also keeps me from that foggy feeling I can get when I know I've been slacking on my water.

So yes, I know hormones are kicking in at various times during the month.  I'm more Peri-menopause than full out Menopause at this point which means I have PMS as well! lol  At least it seems like a double whammy somedays.  This is where I am coming from lately. So while I know Heather going strong with her focus on food haves and have nots, I'm afraid I'm finding I don't have the motivation for it.  My feeling lately is to keep my head above water with mood ups and downs.  Staying on top of that, is helping me stay on track with my food choices at the very least and thankfully it's working. 

Baby Steps -I feel like both the Tortoise AND the Hare as I know I have to work within my current needs/pace even though I would like to be accomplishing everything yesterday!  I have to tell myself, progress is progress.

We'll see how next week shapes up!  (pun intended!)

Katy

No comments: