Wednesday 2 January 2013

Motivation? Yes - Follow Through? Working on it

As Heather has stated, the motivation is definitely there.  It has been for over a year.  To be and feel healthier, to move with more ease and flexibility - to look and feel as young as we think we are! lol  And yet the follow through can wax and wane.  I almost feel I need a drill sergeant blowing his whistle at me when I get up in the morning.  Me, cringing, but moving and then when done, thankful I did it and the feeling of accomplishment that follows. For now I will have to blow my own whistle!

I sit here looking at my high-tech recumbent exercise bike I pushed into my dining area yesterday.  I will get on it, after I'm done here because it's taunting me.  Which is what I intended! For those of us who workout at home I am always grateful for the exercise I do manage to finish on my own, a real accomplishment if you ask me.   I find it a bit harder then when I used to walk to the gym a few years ago.  But since it's 19 degrees outside and 15 mph winds -  the comfort aspect of it, isn't lost on me! 

Motivation today is to be a better me - I look older with this extra weight, so maybe vanity has something to do with it.  Like Heather I doubt I will get on the scale anytime soon.  My clothes are my best indicator at the moment and I don't need to see what has or hasn't budged determined by standing on a scale.  I will give it some time this month to see when I notice a difference and I will celebrate it as I go.  

My meditation is equally as important as my exercise of late - and also a routine one must set aside time for.  What I do know is I DO feel the difference when I do it, and when I don't.  So it contributes to feeling better about me and as Heather and I both know - this is key in any self improvement undertaking.  

Ok bike...I know I know - time to get up off the couch and start peddling.  

Katy


No comments: