Tuesday 7 May 2013

Whats in a number anyway.....by Heather

I am not getting on the scales.

The sun has come out here in the UK at long last - and that means lighter, skimpier, more revealing clothing. No more hiding behind baggy knits and coats

And today, for the first time it really did come home to me that what the scales say are largely irrelevant.

Because my goal isn't about where the needle ends up - but how well I wear my trousers and how I'm feeling!

Obviously, the one clearly correlates to the other; but feeling bad that the needle isn't where I'd like it to be, is a sure way to put a dampner on a day that has hardly even begun.

But walking out in to the sun - feeling confident - it's the way to be. So those scales can collect dust.

I'm going out each morning with a smile on my face.


No comments: