Tuesday 9 April 2013

Brushing Off The Cobwebs... By Katy

I am guilty of inactivity - in so many areas that I won't bore with too many details.  And yet behind the scenes I have still felt busy with 'stuff'.   Lots of happenings in my personal life of late which happens to any of us.  My daughter is moving to NYC for job and change of scenery and boyfriend will be working overseas for a few months.  And here I sit!  It's been a whirlwind of lists and errands and tearful moments, while still working full time and trying to sort out my own life. 

Before that, most of winter in fact I was feeling the anxiety of their upcoming changes, while dealing with some rough patches of feeling down and unmotivated (some hormonal, some winter blues).  Let's add to that the fact that I hadn't done much of anything to improve my eating or exercise.  Granted I haven't been eating terribly, just haven't taken it in hand to REALLY incorporate lasting improvements. 

And the exercise...I'm a bit of a fair weather friend- and have been impatiently waiting for temps above 20 and no ice on the ground...we have passed the main hurdle for that I hope and I've been out a couple times for mind-clearing walks.  Only to find that my old NIKE's are not going to work with my plantar fasciitis.  OUCH!  A walk in the wrong shoes can leave me hobbled for the next couple days.  So the sneakers (as we call them) in the photo are my expensive gift to me - and seem to be ok so far.  I just want to have a regular routine - and get some miles under my belt.  My form of cardio for now because it also serves as a mindfulness activity.  Nature calms me and being outside, even in my quiet suburban neighborhood, is soothing for me.  I am a very early morning person so I'm out with the occasional jogger or dog walker and that's it!  AND I started a once a week yoga class- again, just for me and stress reduction in mind.
So I intend to be on here a bit more regularly with things that are working and things that just aren't!  Hopefully more of the former! ☺
 

No comments: