Sunday 24 March 2013

Low Carbs; it works.......by Heather

First off - we as a family have all taken to the no/low sugar diet positively and successfully.

It doesn't mean that we don't cheat a bit - I went to Costa's yesterday and my husband succumbed to a raspberry and almond slice with his cortado! But its rare - very rare these days. And we all feel very much better for it.

I have had less success with consistantly reducing the carbs, primarily because the rest of the family are resistant to it, and in honesty I can understand why. None of them are fat or worried about weight gain, so giving up those things that are universally enjoyable is difficult.

My husband agreed and applauded the sugar reduction - but with the carbs, at best he was happy to move from white to brown - but not give them up. So if busy, stressed, tired or cold (snow at Easter here!!) - carbs are easy to turn to -

 - and that's where I have slipped; and where I slipped there has been weight gain. Not huge but trackable.

Carbs = fat around my middle.

The fact it is so obvious to me means I feel very much more in control.




No comments: